Prior to any questioning, the person must be warned that he has a right to remain silent, that any statement he does make may be used as evidence against him and that he has a right to the presence of an attorney, either retained or appointed.
---Chief Justice Earl Warren, Majority opinion in 6-3 ruling in the Miranda case that prohibited prosecution from using information obtained in violation of a suspect's 5th Amendment rights, 13 Jun 66
Quote found using Credo Reference database.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to find print and e-books on criminal procedure. Students will know how to open and search in an e-book.
- Students will become aware of the two legal databases to which Lynn University subscribes.
- Students will know how to search the databases to find articles on current issues relating to criminal procedures.
- Students will become aware of reliable websites to find definitions of legal terms and various aspects of criminal procedure.
- Students will understand the basic information needed to cite sources in the APA format.
- Students will recognize that the library staff is available to assist them with their research.